Pages

Aug 25, 2015

What Surrender is Not


A lady had been suffering from a serious physical ailment for a few years. Inspired by some article on prayer, she started praying. It went on for a month or two. Then she wrote to me, ‘I am not going to pray any longer, rather I’d submit to the Will of God and endure this pain until the disease is cured.’ I was surprised by her definition of Surrender implicit in her statement. She tried to get her disease cured by means of prayer. Apparently she failed in her attempt, and she decided to give up. Is it submission of her will to the Will of Lord? If she doesn’t want to "surrender", what other options she had? If this is Surrender, then what was she doing before she started praying? She "surrendered" for a few years, then she prayed for a month or two, and then she "surrenders" again - until she decides not to.



What was the Will of Lord for her? Did Lord want her to suffer for some undisclosed number of years? If that is Surrender, then she would "surrender" to Lord, “My Lord, I prayed to You for one full month to get my disease cured but You have refused to cure me for some reason unknown to me. Now I understand that You want me to suffer for some more undisclosed number of years. Maybe You are a sadist. It’s okay - some people really are. Now onward I’ve decided to endure this suffering to please You. Of course, I’ll appreciate if You’d return your gratitude in terms of some good things for me in the immediate future. Bye.” Is this nonsense Surrender?

Can she really endure that suffering? When her heart craves for the cure of her disease, when her mind is afraid of the bleak professional future her illness is about to bring about and when her body is crushed by the ailment, her mouth shamelessly utters, “I surrender to you My Lord.” This is not Surrender to Lord but surrender to her own karma.

Lord never wants anyone to suffer because He is not a sadist and He is merciful too. Whatever unpleasant state or event or circumstance happened to her, has happened to her triggered by her words, thoughts and desires arising from the Negative Energy overflowing in her body, mind and heart. Lord is always willing to control her expressions of Negative Energy and even willing to drastically reduce Negative Energy itself, provided she is willing to let Him do it. She prays to Lord, “Please cure my disease but never touch my Negative Energy or its expression.” You suffer from infection and go to the doctor and beg him to cure the infection but warns him not to kill the germs causing the infection. And you wonder why the doctor has not yet cured you. And then you surprise the doctor by declaring, ‘I submit to your will. I am ready to endure my infection to please you. I’ll be happy if, in return, you do some good things for me.’

Why wouldn’t she "surrender" to a doctor? He’ll yell at her, ‘Get out, crazy idiot.’ Why would she "surrender" to Lord? He won’t talk back to her; she is free to talk anything she likes.

So, if you want to endure the result of what you have created using your words, thoughts and desires arising out of your Negative Energy stocked up in your body, mind and heart, go ahead. But don’t call it as Surrender to Lord. It is not. You have only surrendered to your karma. Worse, you implicitly expect returns from Lord for this crap you call as surrender. By surrendering to your karma, you can’t expect any reward from Lord.

There is no need to surrender to your karma. You can change what has happened to you due to your previous expression of Negative Energy. Attack your Negative Energy by means of powerful spiritual tools like Direct Consciousness Discrimination or Expanded Consciousness Meditation or Divine Love Yoga. Then your Consciousness will be in merger with universal Consciousness. Then the expression of your Negative Energy in the form of words, thoughts and desires will be controlled by the universal Consciousness of God. This is real Surrender to Lord.

I have explained, in adequate detail, the theory and practice of Direct Consciousness Discrimination, Expanded Consciousness Meditation & Divine Love Yoga in my 
book SECRETS OF MANIFESTATION.

(Go to HOME to have a glimpse of all Articles of this blog)


~umasreedasan

https://www.wattpad.com/user/umasreedasan

No comments:

Post a Comment